New Zealand has adopted the new international agreed biometric passport photo specifications for their passport photos, visa photos and photos for New Zealand citizenship applications, which means not everyone using general photo processing software can produce a quality New Zealand passport photo ,visa photo or photos for New Zealand citizenship applications, ID Photo Maker – a professional passport photo software with easy to use step-by-step user-interface will enable you to produce a quality and standard New Zealand passport photos and visa photos, you can download the free trial version from ID Photo Maker official website: http://www.idphotomaker.com/
The Specifications for New Zealand Passport Photos, Visa Photos and Photos for New Zealand Citizenship Applications:
1. The photos must be taken within last 6 months before you submit the application form.
2. The photos must showing a full-front view of face, head and shoulders, looking straight at the camera and eyes open.
3. Without any head coverings and sunglasses, glasses for medical reasons may be worn as long as the eyes are still visible.
4. The photos can not be altered.(that means you can not adjust the brightness , contrast, sharpness, etc. on your PC’s software or even the camera’s on-board photo adjustment feature, like Canon Eos 60D’s In-Camera Processing feature)
5. The photos must be in-focus, without any shadows, red-eyes and flash reflection.
6. Should using a plain, light coloured background(not white or dark)
7. Printed on high-quality paper with no ink marks or creases.
8. Taken with a neutral facial expression and the mouth remains closed.
9. The size of photo is 45mm high x 35mm wide .
10. The height of head should be between 32mm and 36mm .